Saturday, June 07, 2008

What's new with you?

Things with me are good. Really good. The majority of last year was a tough slog. Mostly just because of work. It was all worth it in the end though. Sinead and I had a fantastic time on our round-the-world trip. I think the fact that I worked so hard for it made it all the better. I'm not quite sure where I found the energy in the end, but I'm glad I did.

Another thing that made it better was the fact that I'd somehow managed to secure myself a much more nteresting and challenging new job for my return. This meant I was able to resign from the Cook Islands and flick it at the very people who had made things so tough for me, and enjoy my holiday in the knowledge that I'd never have to return to Mordor ever again. Woo. Hoo.

I have had plenty embarrassing escapades over the last six months and, knowing me, this is something that's likely to continue. I promise I'll try and document them all here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I really enjoyed reading about your trip - snorted with laughter at parts, actually - so I'm looking forward to more :)