Friday, March 31, 2006

Definitely not cool!


Ok, so, technically, I didn't buy a flat. Technically, they accepted my offer. Technically, they then reneged on the agreed offer in the hope that someone would come along and pay more. If I wanted to pay out an extra 5k or however much it is they want, I'd buy a better flat. I would need to put that 5k towards installing the fitted wardrobes that the flat does not have and making other improvements. Besides, my solicitor wouldn't even let me offer more because it is simply NOT WORTH IT!

So technically, I'm back to square one; only more pissed off and wary of this whole dodgy game. Yet another aspect of life about which I can say this. I think I'd describe it as ... hmmmm ... annoying! On the plus side, they did inform me before my surveyor went round this morning which means that I have avoided paying out money. If I had paid out money in this process, the next owner would most definitely be shelling out for new windows as well as fitted wardrobes.

Silver lining no. 1: I just got a pay increase. It was just a little one, but then I've never had a big one before (except when moving to this job) and I didn't even have to ask for it.

Silver lining no. 2: My friends are the best! No, really! These are the texts I have received this morning on the back of my news:

"Oh no! Such a shame. You will get somewhere even better! x"

"Greedy bint ... all will be well. x"

"It is a verbal agreement - can she do that? Bitch!"

"Oh for fuck's sake. Does no one have any decency anymore? Maybe u should call Phil and Kirstie?"

And, on the pay rise front:

"What did you do to deserve that, other than being absolutely brilliant that is? Love you. x"

The best part is, their personalities and attitudes are so brilliantly conveyed in these tiny messages. Love it.

Oh happier day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet the verbal agreement one was from Mog. Ha ha ha!