Saturday, May 27, 2006

The good life

As told by Jen & Gary .

What do you think?

To be fair, I have issues too but I tend to keep them to myself and I am working on them. I swear, I haven't killed someone for their liver since last autumn and that's pretty good going.

Anyway, the blog in question is entitled 'Jen & Gary' but I'm not convinced Gary does any posting. My hunch is that Gary probably doesn't even know about it.

The tagline reads: 'We are a young, vibrant couple who enjoy life', but from reading the post headed 'Are we spoiled?' I think it should really say 'I desperately want a baby. Like, NOW!'

"Having the extra time and energy to spoil the man I love makes the best marriage I can think of! [Ahh, shucks] We can devote all of our time to each other, instead of splitting our attention among three kids and their after school activities [which she so desperately wants to do].

I love making breakfast in bed for my husband and he likes to make breakfast in bed for me too!. [Aaahhh! int that cute?]

I rub his back several nights a week. [How romantic Jen. I hope it isn't on account of indigestion because when that trapped wind starts to move ...]

I make his favorite meals. I am truly interested in his hobbies ....for the most part (which we can indulge in because we don’t have kids to spend our hard earned cash on!) [Oh how she wishes she had kids so she doesn't have to spend her weekends fly-fishing or attending Star Trek conventions.]

And I am just as spoiled as he is [Really she is]. I get regular foot massages. Last night I asked for a squeeze of fresh lime juice in my water, and he happily obliged [Oh how lucky she is. Surely most men would not have honoured such an arduous request and instead rubbed the lime into her face James Cagney style.]

We love doing special things for each other that I don’t usually see parents doing, simply because their schedules get filled up with other things. But if we want to go to bed a little early for some “couple time,” [Oh my God! They actually call it 'couple-time'] we do it. [Moreover, I'd be worried if she did see 'parents' having 'couple-time']

If we want to take a long bath together on a Sunday afternoon, we can. We can be spontaneous without calling a babysitter. Marriage isn’t about each partner giving 50%. I’d say it’s close to 100%. [100% leaves no room for anything else sweetie.]

And it sure is easier to do when you don’t have kids. Yep, I guess you would considered us SPOILED! [I can think of far more appropriate words than 'spoiled' honey.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing wrong with Star Trek...